Beeswax Wrap Instructions & FAQs
- Clean Wraps in hot water then leave them out to dry.
- Arrange your Wraps on a baking sheet or cooling rack.
- Heat the provided wax in a double boiler like so.
- Using a brush or utensil, apply melted wax to clean, dry, Wax Wraps.
- Warning: Melted Wax is very hot! Exercise caution.
- Let cool to dry and set.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for stiffer, more waxy Wraps.
To Properly Care for Your Wraps:
- Avoid exposing Beeswax Wraps to heat of any kind.
- Clean gently with mild soap and cool water.
- Let dry completely before folding or rewrapping.
- If your brush, bowl, baking sheet, or cooling rack become saturated with wax, you can heat them using your oven or boiling water, in order to loosen and remove the wax. Once heated, most objects can be wiped clean with a dry paper towel.
- We highly recommend adding some pine resin to your beeswax melt to increase the stickiness of your wraps. A ratio of 5:1 or 4:1 wax:resin is ideal. Remember to choose a resin that is sustainably sourced to keep our trees thriving!
Q: How do you clean it when it gets soiled with food? What about mold?
A: Our Beeswax Wraps can be cleaned with cool soapy water. The dirtiest of wraps can be carefully boiled and re-waxed for more uses!
Q: Do the wraps retain food odors/flavors?
A: When cared for properly our Beeswax Wraps do not retain food odors or flavors.
Q: How many times can you reuse these wraps?
A: Wraps can last for up to a year before they need to be re-waxed. With proper care, our Beeswax Wraps can be rewaxed and reused many times.
Q: Are your wraps compostable?
A: Yes! All of our Beeswax Wraps are naturally compostable.